Pet Surgery Services in Waunakee, WI
The team at Aurora Veterinary Care can perform a range of surgeries for the benefit of your pet, including routine spay and neuter procedures right here in our hospital. We follow a strict process before, during, and after every surgery to ensure the highest quality care and safety for your pet, and minimal discomfort during their recovery. Our goal is to make pet surgery in Waunakee a low-stress experience for all our patients and clients.
Surgeries We Perform
Along with spay and neuter surgery, our team can perform a variety of other soft tissue surgeries, including:
- Mass removals
- Abdominal exploratory procedures
- Foreign body removal
- Limb and Digit amputations
- Cystotomies (bladder surgery)
- Perineal urethrostomy (cats)
- Cruciate repair (TPLO & extracapsular) - performed by a board-certified veterinary surgeon at our hospital
Our team is happy to answer any questions you may have about your pet’s surgery and/or recovery. Contact Aurora Veterinary Care to speak with a member of our team today!
Why is It Important to Spay and Neuter?
Most dogs and cats should be spayed and neutered at a certain time in their life to minimize their risk for reproductive diseases, and to prevent unwanted litters. Conditions that can be prevented or reduced with spay and neuter surgeries include:
- Ovarian and uterine cancers as well as pyometra in females
- Prostate and testicular cancer in males
- Urine spraying